ANNEKE VAN GIERSBERGEN - FORÅRETS FØDSELAR - 40 ÅR D. 8. MARTS 2013 - TILLYKKE!!!!!!!

onsdag den 7. marts 2012

"The deepest of all hearts" by My Dying Bride


My Dying Bride:"The deepest of all hearts", (from the album "The dreadful hours", 2001):

Your soul is my desire
Desire I can´t control
Be still my beating heart
Each beat you have stole
Your mind calls to me
Calls me closer to you
Be calm my aching heart
The ache drives me to you
Your eyes
The depth I see
So deep
The tears you cry will devour me

A flower to behold
Don´t run
Don´t blow away
Breathless to my eyes
So bright
Never to fade
Calmness and mystery
Entwines and captures me
Delicate to the touch
From what I could see

I only wanted to get you close to me
To feel the love inside of me
You turned away from me
You looked the other way
You didn´t see my tears for you
I only wanted to take you in my arms,
And lay you down here with me
You tried to turn and flee from my side
You tore out the heart of me
If only you had stayed
What may have been?
We could have been beautiful
Could have walked the earth,
Flown into the skies,
Swam the deepest of the seas
But you couldn´t see anything in me
You strayed too far from my path
Maybe now you´ll see anything in me
I´m sorry it had to be this way

Your eyes
Your smile
No more laughter again
We were something
No more
Nothing to me

Now I walk alone
Naked to the bone
My heart has fled far from me
Until another day
I find the one, who looks beyond the eyes in me

(lyrics: Aaron Stainthorpe)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUen4cbwkHE

(I´ve been listening a lot to My Dying Bride since we went into 2012....Well, they´re always on my....what can I say....top 100 :-), but especially in this new year they mean a lot to me, (don´t ask me why :-)). "The dreadful hours" was released about eleven years ago, and I´m not quite aware how important the album seems to the fans, but for me the whole thing is....well....quite interesting, from the opener "The dreadful hours" to the closer "The deepest of all hearts". Actually I was going to post the titel-song here on HEAVY-SKOV, but the last couple of days "The deepest of all hearts" has very often found its way to my ears. (Don´t ask me why....ha ha....). So here it is, this beautiful song :-)

Kind regards
Carsten

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar