ANNEKE VAN GIERSBERGEN - FORÅRETS FØDSELAR - 40 ÅR D. 8. MARTS 2013 - TILLYKKE!!!!!!!

onsdag den 24. juli 2013

"Red-skinned scapegoat" by Cryptopsy, (with lyrics)


Cryptopsy:"Red-skinned scapegoat", (from the album "Cryptopsy", 2012):

Shackled and
confined within this
tiny cell
I await punishment
for a crime I did not
commit
Flies and rats ac-
company me here
The bars gleam moist
with condensation
As I sit throughout
my last sunrise
This tiny island was
called Admiral when
I first arrived
Now it´s overpopu-
lated and infested
Framed for murder
Another red-skinned
scapegoat
My hatred of diver-
sity condemned me
The man they
believed I killed
Was sitting at peace
when he was shot in the back
His dinning room
table became his
deathbed
Flimsy evidence sup-
porting an airtight
case
The murder weapon
misplaced
Fallen coinciden-
tally to the bottom
of the lake
His wife glared at me
in the courtroom a
devilish stare I will
never forget
her tear-streaked
face
Radiated with a glint
of hope as the judge
revealed his verdict
So now I wait as the
sun slowly rises
Counting my last
hours
Pleading for
forgiveness
Although I am
guiltless
The time has now
arrived they are
standing outside
my chamber
The noose has been
set and the crowd
has gathered
The noon sun blinds
me, as I approach the
gallows
So much so that I
can´t see my family
weeping at the back
of the square
Tied and bound with
a burlapsac
over my head
I can only hear what
they are doing to me
The last thing I
perceive is the gasp
of the crowd
Just before the rope
swings taut

Framed for murder
Another red skinned
scapegoat
Left to hang
In another´s man
place
Framed for murder
Another red-skinned
scapegoat
Eternal red-skinned
scapegoat

(lyrics: Matt McGachy)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpflb_tKPiQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVwwVpMsKo0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQueGx_10XM

http://cryptopsy.ca/

https://www.facebook.com/CryptopsyMetal

(Actually I ain´t that familiar with canadian extreme deathsters....CRYPTOPSY, but I´m working hard on this obviously strong band :-) Oh....no....I mean, I take my time: NO NEED TO RUSH :-) Until now, I´ve "only" listened to two Cryptopsy-killers....last year´s phenomenal "Cryptopsy" and its predecessor, from 2008, "The unspoken king". To be honest "The unspoken...." seems to me less....erm....dangerous :-) than the new one, but no matter I like "The unspoken...." too!

Today´s update, "Red-skinned scapegoat", is....well....fascinating in different ways. The titel alone! However it was the jazz-part of the song, that really got me into "Red-skinned....". (I can´t help it, I´m jazz-influenced thanks to my father :-)). But....but....but....this song is more than jazz and an awesome songtitel, it´s also death-songwriting at its best. In fact this catchy and damned fine track, sent directly from....erm....heaven, keeps growing everytime, I listen to it....So why not share it with you :-)

See you next time with yet another great heavy metal-song with lyrics and this time we´re heading back to the States. It´s all about suffering...."THE MULLEN-WAY"!!!!!!!

See you :-)

Kind regards
Carsten

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar