ANNEKE VAN GIERSBERGEN - FORÅRETS FØDSELAR - 40 ÅR D. 8. MARTS 2013 - TILLYKKE!!!!!!!

søndag den 4. november 2012

"Drown my sorrow" by Saturnus


Saturnus:"Drown my sorrow", (from the album "Martyre", 2000):

I fall back into pain
With your empty kiss
Beneath this rain
You´re still the one I miss

Drown my sorrow
In the colours of your aura
Embalm me with your innocence

And save my soul
The fire burns
But why am I still so cold

I fall back into pain
With your emptiness
Beneath this rain
I couldn´t care less

(lyrics: Kim Larsen)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_8o2TZWWa8

http://da-dk.facebook.com/pages/Saturnus/8935853109

(My brother, who turned 40 this spring, is NOT into heavy metal, or at least he pretends so....:-) Because I remember clearly him being on a Rage Against The Machine-/Clawfinger-trip back in the 1990´s!! But....well....let us just be straight with each other: he´s NOT into heavy metal....

One saturday afternoon in the year of 2001, (I think it was either april or may), I was visiting my brother in his house somewhere in Denmark, and we were entertaining ourselves with this awesome PLAYSTATION-MOTORBIKE-GAME....(Please, don´t ask me about the title....ha ha....). While we were....erm...speeding up, so to speak, the "Martyre"-album from danish doomsters Saturnus filled the atmosphere in the livingroom, and guess once, who was responsible for that :-) When "Drown my sorrow" ran out of the speakers, I remember clearly my brother saying: "It´s actually not that bad, the music....". And I was like "Yeeeeeeesssssss!!!!!!!", but cards on table: he hasn´t really been talking about heavy metal since....ha ha....

Saturnus were much beloved in the danish metal-scene back in the late 1990´s and in the very beginning of our new century, thanks to excellent full-length-releases "Paradise belongs to you" (1996) and "Martyre" (2000). But since that successfull time, the band have been....ern....less successfull, and have in fact only released one album: The slightly average "Veronika decides to die" from 2006. That said, a new full-length "Saturn in ascension" is coming up later this month, so maybe now it´s time again for something GREAT....who knows? :-)

See you next time with yet another great heavy metal-song with lyrics, where we´ll be crossing the ocean between Denmark and Sweeden, and drown ourselves in....MELANCHOLY!!!

See you :-)

Kind regards
Carsten

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar