ANNEKE VAN GIERSBERGEN - FORÅRETS FØDSELAR - 40 ÅR D. 8. MARTS 2013 - TILLYKKE!!!!!!!

søndag den 10. juni 2012

"Lifer" by Brutal Truth


Brutal Truth:"Lifer", (from the album "Evolution through revolution", 2009):

i know - the politics of war
i know - the ruthless sacrifice
i know - that broken toys explode
you know - i´ll never compromise

born into - smashing divisions
religious conviction in lime
moral repression depression
our cattle are starting to drive

your reason for breaking the heart and your mind
usurp the beliefs of last few who cry

fucking tourist start your drive to mundane existence
this lifer could give a fuck
if you had your own opinion

(lyrics: Brutal Truth)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XerXYifqdkQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stnw0Hz_yOk

(For (too!) many years I had this (wrong!) feeling, that New York´s Brutal Truth wasn´t something for me....Until one day a couple of years ago, when I bought their "Evolution through revolution"-album, and found out, that we´re actually talking first class-grind :-) Not as good after all as the fine stuff, we´re getting from my Birmingham-heroes Napalm Death, but Brutal Truth definitely know how to incorporate great riffs in their....erm....fast as hell-songs!

In fact I was on my way to post "Evolution...."´s track number 19 "Bob Dylan wrote propaganda songs" because of its funny songtitel :-), but I changed my mind in the eleventh hour...."Carsten, you must be serious, you really have to post your absolute favorite track from this album!!!"...."I know well, so here it is....track number 18 "Lifer"!!!!!!!".

I´ll be back on wednesday june 20 with another great heavy metal-song with lyrics :-)

Kind regards
Carsten

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar