ANNEKE VAN GIERSBERGEN - FORÅRETS FØDSELAR - 40 ÅR D. 8. MARTS 2013 - TILLYKKE!!!!!!!

lørdag den 26. maj 2012

"The enemy" by Paradise Lost


Paradise Lost:"The enemy", (from the album "In requiem", 2007):

Why can´t you say; sorrow
Why can´t you say; I think I believe
Thou must not steal; borrow
Why must you steal things
I receive

Why can´t you say; sorrow
Why can´t you say; I think I believe
Why must you steal; borrow
Always conceal cling to belief

Damaged this way; hollowed
Living the lie that you can´t take
Damaged maintained; solemn
Living for rules you only break

How can you say?

The enemy is thrown into the sadness
For the enemy there´s only pain and sadness then death

(lyrics: Nick Holmes)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnGAsAdKCbI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLFPRcUVD7A

(Paradise Lost....well....they come and go in my life....I was a big fan of this legendary english gothic/doom metal-band around "Icon" (1993) and "Draconian times" (1995), but they don´t seem that interesting to me anymore. But that said, I definitely can´t help buying their albums....ha ha.... It´s just a matter of time before I´ll get their latest offering "Tragic idol", released recently :-)

The case is, that though Nick Holmes & Co., in my opinion, no longer are at the same high level as before, they still create some fine memorable metal-songs, like this one...."The enemy" :-)

Kind regards
Carsten

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar