ANNEKE VAN GIERSBERGEN - FORÅRETS FØDSELAR - 40 ÅR D. 8. MARTS 2013 - TILLYKKE!!!!!!!

søndag den 12. februar 2012

"Life eraser" by Konkhra


Konkhra:"Life eraser", (from the album "Spit or swallow, 1995):

With the power of mind
I travel between worlds
The spice of life
New ways to joy my senses

Jump through space
On certain places
Gateways to spheres
And time erases

Traveller through time
Seeing the future
Disappear through blasts
Of unknown power release

Life eraser
Life eraser

I can´t tell you
How small we are
As one thousand images of life
In one instant comes to me

And I see the elder races
Putrid forms of man
See him rise and claim the earth
His downfall is at hand

(lyrics: Anders Lundemark)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29z8SXnBRKw

(Konkhra....the absolute pride of Denmark? Well, not exactly....ha ha...., but back in the nineties Denmark had a very cool and healthy death metal-scene with, among others, great bands such as Detest, Exmortem and....Konkhra :-) Back then my absolute favourite-band chosen from this scene was with no doubt Detest, but the great qualities of Konkhra could hardly be ignored....Anders Lundemark & Co. were awesome! Especially on their second full-length "Spit or swallow", which turned out to be kind of a breakthrough for the guys :-)

I haven´t really been listening to Konkhra for....well....some years, but a few days ago I found "Spit or swallow" in my collection, and despite the almost 17 years since its release, the album still sounds great. And the riffs on track 3 "Life eraser" are nothing but....FIRST CLASS :-)

Kind regards
Carsten

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar