ANNEKE VAN GIERSBERGEN - FORÅRETS FØDSELAR - 40 ÅR D. 8. MARTS 2013 - TILLYKKE!!!!!!!

søndag den 15. januar 2012

"In your dark pavilion" by My Dying Bride


My Dying Bride:"In your dark pavilion", (from the album "Evinta", 2011):

All great children
Build altars
I have no love
To give you

In the fire that rages between our sleep
I thought I saw you amid the ruins.
And I can witness you have nothing left.
I´ll give you my heart through this biblical tome

I dream of being beside her
As I move through this water
Step over here you Devil
Her earth looks like
My dying skin

(lyrics: Aaron Stainthorpe)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36AtSCm01UA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzG03Axl5Po

(I´ve been a big fan of England´s My Dying Bride since the good old days with the masterpieces "Turn loose the swans" (1993) and "The angel and the dark river" (1995), but to be honest, the doom metal-legends haven´t really suprised me musically since we entered the new century some years ago....Well, that was until "Evinta" came out last year, because this new full-length really SURPRISES me :-) On the new album My Dying Bride have stripped down the heavy metal-aspect and instead filled the music with classical themes, and it just sounds so great, heavenly beautiful and relaxing....:-)

If you are not familiar with My Dying Bride, I´ll recommend "Turn loose the swans" or "The angel and the dark river" or maybe "Like gods of the sun" (1996) as a start, but if you know the band well, give "Evinta" a chance....The album definitely deserves it, metal or not metal!

"In your dark pavilion" is the very first awesome track, that will meet you, when you press the play-button :-)

Kind regards
Carsten

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar